Nestled in the mountains of the Cordillera Septentrional mountain range lies Dominican Republic’s number one visited attraction. Once you experience the rush of cascading The 27 Waterfalls Damajagua you will know why!
Your adventure begins with our transport picking you up at your accommodation and heading west through the colonial city of Puerto Plata passing the picturesque fishing village of Maimon.
Upon arriving at the 27 Waterfalls Damajagua you will put on all the gear needed for cascading (helmets and life vests). Shoes may be rented as well for an extra $2USD. There is also an option to rent waterproof cameras and/or hire professional photographer/videographers for your cascading experience.
After a physically moderate 60-minute hike to will reach the top and the fun begins. Cascading the 27 Waterfalls Damajagua is a day spent in nature including hiking, swimming, jumping, and sliding through a spring fed river canyon, always at the side with an experienced and trained guide. It true is an unforgettable experience! This tour is a beginner’s tour with a reasonable degree of fitness. Cascading all 27 “pools” Damajagua requires a minimum age of 12 years old.
The word “charcos” is mistranslated. Charcos means pools, not waterfalls. There are in fact about 12 waterfalls and 27 pools at the 27 Charcos of Damajagua.
The 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua Tour Includes:
- Transport from your accommodation
- Professional trained guides
- All necessary equipment
- A filling Dominican style lunch
What to bring:
- Closed toed, sturdy shoes like old sneakers, trail runners, or water sandals (the more traction and sole the better)
- Dry clothing and a towel
- Female guests, we recommend wearing shorts over your swimwear to protect against bumps and bruises from the slides
Total cost of the 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua is $79
Half Day: 12 Waterfalls $64
Below is a list of the included transport in this excursion:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Sosua Hotels: Transport included
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: Transport included
- Cofresi Hotels: Transport included
- Riu Hotels: Transport included
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people