The Caving in Dominican-Republic is amazing! The Dominican Republic is home is some the world’s most impressive caves. Most caves in the Dominican Republic are found only through local knowledge. Our cave, know as “La Cueva” is amazing and one of the most impressive caves that nobody knows about!
Our caving tour starts off with a pickup by your guide at your accommodation. You will then be transported to our base camp 45 minutes from Cabarete. At base camp, you will be suited up for a caving adventure. After we are all ready we will have a safety briefing and then get back into our transportation and taken near to the cave’s entrance.
The short hike is through the jungle and passes impressive views of the “Cordillera Septentrional.” The “Cordillera Septentrional” is the mountain range that runs the length of the North Coast of the Dominican Republic. The adventure continues once you reach a small canyon and begin one of 4 rappels that this tour includes.
After the last (and longest rappel) onto the cave floor, the caving continues as you will make your way through the cave for two hours give or take, guided only by your headlamp and your experienced guides. The cave is huge! The ceiling of the cave is between 10-50 meters high (32-165 feet). During part of the year, the cave as a river flowing through it from seasonal rains.
In the cave, witness geological history in the making as stalagmites and stalactites are forming from thousands of years of constant dripping of water through the limestone cave ceiling.
Caving is not for the faint of heart nor the adventure inexperienced. We would rate this tour as advanced and extreme.
La Cueva Excursion Includes:
- Transport from your accommodation (Cabarete area, see below for other locations)
- Professional trained guides
- All necessary equipment
- A filling Dominican style lunch
- Snacks/Drinks during the excursion
What to bring:
- Clothing that fits under a wetsuit (the tighter the better)
- Closed toed, sturdy shoes like old sneakers, trail runners, or water sandals (the more traction and sole the better)
The total cost of the full day caving tour is $169USD Per Person (Group Rates May Apply)
Please feel free to contact us with questions you might have.
This excursion includes transport to and from Cabarete. If you are staying outside Cabarete there is an extra transport fee, see below:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Kite Beach Hotels: Transport included
- Encuentro Hotels: Transport included
- Perla Marina: $20.00 for up to 4 people
- Sosua Hotels: $30.00 for up to 4 people
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: $80.00 for up to 4 people
- Cofresi Hotels: $85.00.00 for up to 4 people
- Riu Hotels: $90.00 for up to 4 people
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people