Our Half Day Kayaking is a great family activity in Cabarete. We start our adventure by picking you up at your accommodation. After a short drive east of Cabarete we will embark our kayaks. After a brief paddle tutorial we will paddle one hour to where the river runs into the sea.
We will explore a natural beach with different shells and driftwood. After sometime exploring we will paddle 5 minutes across the river to one of the best Dominican seafood restaurants in the area. Our lunch will either be a choice of fried fish or chicken and local sides (rice, beans, salad, fried plantains). Other seafood dishes are available for purchase, crabs, shrimp, lobster, octopus, and conch as well as cold beers, fresh piña coladas, coco locos, and rum cocktails.
After lunch and relaxing we will paddle 45 minutes back to our exit. During our time to load up the gear, you will have time to explore a local animal rescue zoo with different species of reptile and birds.
The Half Day Kayaking Tour Includes:
- Transportation to and from your accommodation
- Sit on top single or double kayaks
- Paddling tutorials
- Experienced Guides
- A delicious Dominican lunch
What to Bring:
- Sun Block
- Clothing to get wet
- Water shoes or old sneakers are recommended, but not essential
The price of this tour $69 ages 12+ $59 Kids ages 4-11 (group discounts may apply)
This excursion includes transport to and from Cabarete. If you are staying outside Cabarete there is an extra transport fee, see below:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Kite Beach Hotels: Transport included
- Encuentro Hotels: Transport included
- Perla Marina: $20.00 for up to 4 people
- Sosua Hotels: $30.00 for up to 4 people
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: $80.00 for up to 4 people
- Cofresi Hotels: $85.00.00 for up to 4 people
- Riu Hotels: $90.00 for up to 4 people
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people