Ciguapa is the bottom third of the same canyon that includes the Magic Mushroom and the Big Bastard. This excursion has a little for everyone, you choose between 4 rapples or they can also be cliff/waterfalls jumps!
Your canyoning adventure begins when your guide picks you up at your accommodation. You will be transported 45minutes through the “Cordillera Septentrional.” Which is one of four mountain ranges in the Dominican Republic. It runs the length of the North Coast of the Dominican Republic and can be seen facing south in Cabarete.
Once reaching base camp you be suited up for adventure. Canyoning does require rappelling, but this part of the can be all jumps for adrenaline junkies! We will fit you for a harness and rappelling gear in case they are required. The water temperature ranges from 19ºC (66ºF) to 22ºC (72ºF) so wetsuits are a necessity as are helmets.
After a safety briefing, you will be driven to the trail that leads down to the canyon. Once you complete a short hike through lush jungle and rain forest you reach the canyon and plunge into its cool, refreshing waters. The Ciguapa cascading tour has 12 jumps and passes through numerous incredible waterfalls. It really feels that you have entered “Jurassic Park.”
After passing two to three hours in the canyon you will begin a 45-minute hike out of the canyon. There is an option to hire donkeys to take most of the way out of the canyon. After 20 minutes into our uphill hike, you have the option of having a donkey bring you the rest of the way out of the canyon.
Why not save your energy for a good cause? Donkeys may be hired to ride out most of the canyon for an additional $10USD. All proceeds go directly to the donkey’s owner and local farmers.
The Ciguapa Canyoning Tour Includes:
- Transport from your accommodation (Cabarete area, see below for other locations)
- Professional trained guides
- All necessary equipment
- A filling Dominican style lunch
What to bring:
- Clothing that fits under a wetsuit (the tighter the better)
- Closed toed, sturdy shoes like old sneakers, trail runners, or water sandals (the more traction and sole the better)
- $10 or in Pesos if you wish to ride out of the canyon by donkey. All money goes directly to local farmers.
The total cost of Caiguapa Falls Cascading Excursion is $89USD Per Person (Group Rates May Apply)
We offer a variety of other canyoning and cascading tours. Please read through the descriptions of each and decide which adventure suits you. Please feel free to contact us with questions you might have.
All those jumps sound fun, but you really want to rappel too! This tour can be included in our Six Falls Excursion
Please feel free to contact us for any question you might have.
This excursion includes transport to and from Cabarete. If you are staying outside Cabarete there is an extra transport fee, see below:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Kite Beach Hotels: Transport included
- Encuentro Hotels: Transport included
- Perla Marina: $20.00 for up to 4 people
- Sosua Hotels: $30.00 for up to 4 people
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: $80.00 for up to 4 people
- Cofresi Hotels: $85.00.00 for up to 4 people
- Riu Hotels: $90.00 for up to 4 people
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people
Any questions about our adventures? Contact Us to ask or if you are ready for adventure Book Now!