This is our most popular Cabarete adventure excursions offered. You cannot help but feel the magic as you rappel off a mushroom shaped waterfall into a deep, cool, blue pool bellow. This is after scrambling through spectacular scenery and plunging into clear, spring fed pools.
The Magic Mushroom Canyoning tour differs from our Ciguapa Cascading tour. Canyoning involves repelling and makes this tour equally enjoyable, but more technical and slower paced. Not to worry through our guides will instruct you during your repels if you have never experienced the excitement of waterfall rappelling.
After preparing for your canyoning adventure at our base camp you will be driven to the entrance of the canyon. Upon entering the canyon will be briefed on safety and canyoning techniques.
This tour includes two rappels. The second rappel has different options depending on conditions, each of which is has adrenaline inducing as the others. There is also quite a few really awesome cliff jumps, which are completely optional.
After spending two to three hours in the canyon you have a short 30-minute climb/hike out of the canyon. Upon exiting the jungle your transportation will be waiting to take you back to base camp to enjoy a Dominican style lunch. This canyoning tour can only be described as amazing.
This tour is great for beginners, but we do recommend a reasonable level of fitness. This tour is not suited for those under 12 years old. This tour does require a fair amount of swimming.
The Magic Mushroom has an ACA Rating of (3 C2 PG I) and an FFME Rating of (V3 A4 II ✯✯)
The Magic Mushroom Canyoning Tour Includes:
- Transport from your accommodation (Cabarete area, see below for other locations)
- Professional trained guides
- All necessary equipment
- A filling Dominican style lunch
What to bring:
- Clothing that fits under a wetsuit (the tighter the better)
- Closed toed, sturdy shoes like old sneakers, trail runners, or water sandals (the more traction and sole the better)
The total cost of The Magic Mushroom Canyoning Excursion is $89USD Per Person (Group Rates May Apply)
We offer a variety of other canyoning and cascading tours. Please read through the descriptions of each and decide which adventure suits you. Please feel free to contact us with questions you might have.
This excursion includes transport to and from Cabarete. If you are staying outside Cabarete there is an extra transport fee, see below:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Kite Beach Hotels: Transport included
- Encuentro Hotels: Transport included
- Perla Marina: $20.00 for up to 4 people
- Sosua Hotels: $30.00 for up to 4 people
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: $80.00 for up to 4 people
- Cofresi Hotels: $85.00.00 for up to 4 people
- Riu Hotels: $90.00 for up to 4 people
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people