Enjoy the thrill of rappelling? Then Six Falls is the excursion for you. Six Falls combines the thrill of cascading Ciguapa Falls with six entry rappels. If you have never rappelled, but have always been curious this is the perfect introduction.
Most of the year the rappels are dry, except in the wetter months. Once you reach the canyon’s main river you will find twelve jumps at six different waterfalls.
You adventure begins when you are picked up at your accommodation by one of your guides and transported to our base camp. At the base camp, you will be suited with a wetsuit, harness, helmet, and rappelling gear. After a safety briefing, you will be transported to the entrance of a rain forest. After a short hike, you reach the first of 6 rappels.
After the sixth rappel, you will enter Ciguapa Falls and continue the adventure for another two hours of swimming, jumping, and scrambling through areas that few rarely ventured in the Dominican Republic. At the end of your time in the canyon, you have a 45-minute hike back to your transportation for a deliciously prepared Dominican style lunch.
Why not save your energy for a good cause? Donkeys may be hired to ride out of the canyon for an additional $10USD. All proceeds go directly to the donkey’s owner and local farmers.
Six Falls has an ACA Rating of (3C III PG ) and a FFME Rating of (3C III ✯✯)
Six Falls Canyoning ı Cascading Combo Excursion Includes:
- Transport from your accommodation (Cabarete area, see below for other locations)
- Professional trained guides
- All necessary equipment
- A filling Dominican style lunch
What to bring:
- Clothing that fits under a wetsuit (the tighter the better)
- Closed toed, sturdy shoes like old sneakers, trail runners, or water sandals (the more traction and sole the better)
- $10 or equal in Dominican Pesos if you chose to hire a donkey.
The total cost of the excursion is $109USD (group discounts apply).
We offer a variety of other canyoning and cascading tours. Please read through the descriptions of each and decide which adventure suits you. Please feel free to contact us with questions you might have.
This an intermediate tour not recommended for those under 14 year of age. No rappelling experience is necessary. We do recommend an adequate level of fitness and the ability to swim.
This tour is a bit more than our half-day tours, but it is still possible to be back in Cabarete for an afternoon kite or windsurf session. You can also leave a little later for an early morning surf session.
This excursion includes transport to and from Cabarete. If you are staying outside Cabarete there is an extra transport fee, see below:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Kite Beach Hotels: Transport included
- Encuentro Hotels: Transport included
- Perla Marina: $20.00 for up to 4 people
- Sosua Hotels: $30.00 for up to 4 people
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: $80.00 for up to 4 people
- Cofresi Hotels: $85.00.00 for up to 4 people
- Riu Hotels: $90.00 for up to 4 people
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people
Any questions about our adventures? Contact Us to ask or if you are ready for adventure Book Now!