Are you looking for the ultimate challenge? The Ultimate Excursion is it. This excursion combines all three canyoning (canyoneering) and cascading tours into one adrenaline-pumping day. This is extreme sports at it’s best.
The first part of the tour is the amazing Magic Mushroom canyoning tour that offers many jumps and two rappels. The first rappel is from a mushroom shaped dome waterfall and the second rappel offer different option depending water conditions into a deep, blue pool. There is also an option for a 15 meter (50 feet) jump if you feel daring!
Continuing past the Magic Mushroom section of the canyon where the canyon gets narrower and higher. After making a few technical jumps you reach the Big Bastard. Here you have the option of making a 17meter (60 feet) jump, a lower yet equally thrilling 14meter (42 feet) jump, or a vertical rappel. Upon exiting the Big Bastard section of the canyon your have the option of more big jumps.
The last third of The Ultimate Excursion is cascading through Ciguapa Falls. Here you will find plenty more jumps both technical and challenging. The exit requires a forty-five-minute hike, which he strongly recommend hiring a donkey to do the work for you. All money collected for the donkey rides go directly to the local farmers that own the donkey.
Once you are back at base camp you will be served a delicious Dominican lunch prepared by the wife of one our guides and maybe a couple of well deserved cold ones! Out of all our excursions, The Ultimate is our guide’s favourite. It combines all the best that our canyon has to offer. You will get to see parts of the Dominican Republic few have ever seen and create memories to last a lifetime.
This tour is quite advanced and requires good physical condition. We do not recommend it for those under 16 years of age. Being able to swim is also a must.
What is included in the Canyoning Ultimate Excursion:
- Transport from your accommodation (Cabarete area, see below for other locations)
- Professional trained guides
- All necessary equipment
- A filling Dominican style lunch with beverages and snacks during the excursion
What to bring:
- Clothing that fits under a wetsuit (the tighter the better)
- Closed toed, sturdy shoes like old sneakers, trail runners, or water sandals (the more traction and sole the better)
- $10 or in Pesos if you wish to ride out of the canyon by donkey. All money goes directly to local farmers.
This total for this tour is $179USD (group rates may apply).
This excursion includes transport to and from Cabarete. If you are staying outside Cabarete there is an extra transport fee, see below:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Kite Beach Hotels: Transport included
- Encuentro Hotels: Transport included
- Perla Marina: $20.00 for up to 4 people
- Sosua Hotels: $30.00 for up to 4 people
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: $80.00 for up to 4 people
- Cofresi Hotels: $85.00.00 for up to 4 people
- Riu Hotels: $90.00 for up to 4 people
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people
Any questions about our adventures? Contact Us to ask or if you are ready for adventure Book Now!