Starting your journey on the east side of Cabarete. We kayak for 2 hours to “La Bocca de Yasica” an area famous for fishing and seafood. We have time to explore a local beach full of shells and driftwood and even try out surf kayaking.
At “La Bocca,” your lunch is a choice of local caught fish or the best fried chicken in the Dominican Republic. And of course all the local sides, rice, beans, fried plantains, and salad.
After lunch and time to explore we will once again board our kayaks and kayak up through a creek tributary of the Yasica River for 45 minutes, to an area named Islabon. At our ending point we will visit a reptile farm. At this farm there are both native and non-native species of iguanas, pythons, saltwater crocodiles, and different species of birds.
This tour is suitable for all ages, but a minimal level of fitness is required.
All Kayaking/Paddle Board Tours Include:
- Transportation to and from your hotel/apartment (Cabarete area, contact us for other locations)
- Sit on top Ocean Kayaks and paddles/ Naish Stand Up Paddle Boards
- Paddling tutorials
- Experienced and certified guides
- Life vests
- Water, juice, snacks
- A delicious Dominican lunch
What to bring:
- Sun Block
- Clothing to get wet
- Water shoes or old sneakers are recommended, but not essential
The half-day excursion cost $89usd per adult person ages 12 and up.
Ages 5-11 is $75usd and children 4 and under are free! (group discounts may apply)
This excursion includes transport to and from Cabarete. If you are staying outside Cabarete there is an extra transport fee, see below:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Kite Beach Hotels: Transport included
- Encuentro Hotels: Transport included
- Perla Marina: $20.00 for up to 4 people
- Sosua Hotels: $30.00 for up to 4 people
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: $80.00 for up to 4 people
- Cofresi Hotels: $85.00.00 for up to 4 people
- Riu Hotels: $90.00 for up to 4 people
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people