Whether you are new to the stand-up paddleboard (SUP) or a pro this is a perfect trip for you. You will have the opportunity see Cabarete’s “off the beaten path.”
Our Half Day Stand Up Paddleboard Tour starts off picking you up your accommodation, then transported east of Cabarete to the small village of Islabon. We will first visit at a local reptile zoo. Here you have a chance to see many native and exotic species of snakes, turtles, lizards, fish, and even a crocodile.
If this is your first time on a stand-up paddleboard we will offer a learning tutorial that goes over equipment, balance, and paddling techniques. If you are experienced SUPer then we start heading down the river.
This stand-up paddleboard tour winds it’s way through an untouched lagoon where you have the chance to see many migratory species of birds. Flowing into the Yassica river where we will paddle to the river’s mouth.
While our lunch of Dominican style seafood is being prepared we will have the opportunity to test our stand paddle skills on the open ocean.
Our lunch will either be a choice of fried fish or chicken and local sides (rice, beans, salad, fried plantains). Other seafood dishes are available for purchase, crabs, shrimp, lobster, octopus, and conch as well as cold beers, fresh piña coladas, coco locos, and rum cocktails.
After lunch, we have a few options. We can either end the tour there and head back to Cabarete and paddle back to Islabon, or take an adventure of a long downwinder paddle back to Cabarete ($20 more).
Whichever you chose you will have the opportunity to experience a side of Cabarete that few ever have the opportunity to see.
The Half Day SUP Tour Includes:
- Transportation to and from your accommodation (Cabarete Area)
- Paddle boards, paddles, life jackets
- Paddling tutorials
- Experienced Guides
- A delicious Dominican Seafood lunch
What to Bring:
- Sun Block
- Clothing to get wet
- Water shoes or old sneakers are recommended, but not essential
The cost for the half-day SUP tour is $69 ages 12+
This excursion includes transport to and from Cabarete. If you are staying outside Cabarete there is an extra transport fee, see below:
- Cabarete Hotels: Transport included
- Kite Beach Hotels: Transport included
- Encuentro Hotels: Transport included
- Perla Marina: $20.00 for up to 4 people
- Sosua Hotels: $30.00 for up to 4 people
- Playa Dorada & Costa Dorada Hotels: $80.00 for up to 4 people
- Cofresi Hotels: $85.00.00 for up to 4 people
- Riu Hotels: $90.00 for up to 4 people
- Rio San Juan Hotels: $100.00 for up to 4 people
Any questions about our adventures? Contact Us to ask or if you are ready for adventure Book Now!